Saturday, February 11, 2017

Is it the Zoloft or is it just me?

Ok...I have to confess I have a love/hate with my pharmacy. I want to really like them. They're close by, a larger sized store with more selection and stock than some other comparable stores. But I just can't do it! You have to go through a maze of phone tic-tac-toe. Push one for this, 2 for that. And the options have always "just recently changed" It's like they've figured out the general population just presses one or zero so they have to come up with a roundabout sequence of numbers to get an actual person. I've finally resorted to mumbling incoherently over and over until the electronic voice finally gets exasperated and shouts, "We will get you to the next available person!"
Then you finally get your refill ordered...it'll be ready tomorrow after 11 am. Ok, fastforward to tomorrow after 11. Oh! It's not ready! Guess what? You're not covered, even though you've been getting prescriptions here for the past three years.  You used last years' card that looks exactly the same but has some different, obscure number on it for pharmacy. This took two hours to discover...And you're always behind the person who's "in so much pain. I just need enough to make it to my next appointment at the pain clinic." Damn...this is healthcare you wonder to yourself.
Walking away with my script and my gallon of milk, wondering why I feel so icky inside I remember, "Charlotte you haven't been taking your Zoloft!" If this is what it's like to be off my antidepressant, I don't know if I can ever stop taking it! Scary!!!!

No comments:

Maybe you shouldn't be a massage therapist if...

  • You're claustrophobic
  • You have a problem with sweat... or dirt... or strange smells
  • You have narcolepsy
  • Talking is one of your strong points
  • Thinking is one of your strong points
  • You'd like a stable income
  • You have issues with personal space
  • You have a thing with feet
  • You hate awkward silences
  • You put yourself first