Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Book Corner or for the Montessori kids "SSR"

SSR translates "Sustained Silent Reading" for those who haven't experienced it. Whether for better or worse, I can't say, but I have. In the quest to find the purpose for my life, i.e. a career, I have become almost obsessed with finding out what other people are doing with their lives. How have others answered the question-"What am I going to be when I grow up?" Sometimes the question remains unanswered, but I settle for reading about their lives. Hence the following list...


Waiting by Debra Ginsberg.
An insider's view into the world of waitressing, from diners to fine dining, penned by someone who has been there. Very funny, and I must say very true.


Mixed by Angela Nisse.
Also laugh out loud memoir. Details the struggles, challenges, and just weird occurrences of growing up biracial.

No comments:

Maybe you shouldn't be a massage therapist if...

  • You're claustrophobic
  • You have a problem with sweat... or dirt... or strange smells
  • You have narcolepsy
  • Talking is one of your strong points
  • Thinking is one of your strong points
  • You'd like a stable income
  • You have issues with personal space
  • You have a thing with feet
  • You hate awkward silences
  • You put yourself first